View Single Post
Old November 13, 2012, 02:39 AM   #20
FrankenMauser

Quote:
85 strikes is not very durable. I have a set of A-Zooms that each easily have 300 strikes on them and there is virtually zero noticeable wear on their strike face or their aluminum bodies. The low cost of A-zooms (less than $2 per snap cap) makes building my own less durable snap caps just not worth the time or effort.
Understandable. ...if you don't think it's worth it, you're welcome to that opinion. But, it doesn't make biganimal's opinion any less valid.
If he's happy with the life he's getting out of his $0.03 solution, that's all that really matters.

Quote:
Only problem I see with using spent rounds as snap caps it mistaking a loaded firearm for an unloaded one or vice versa...
They have fired primers, no powder, and no bullet.
As long as you don't put your HD revolver away with a cylinder full of fired cases, you don't have to worry about mistaking the struck primers for loaded rounds in low light, at 1 am.
As for the loaded firearm being mistaken for an unloaded firearm... I think we have rules for that:
1. All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy. (For those who insist that this particular gun is unloaded, see Rule 1.)
3. Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4. Identify your target, and what is behind it. Never shoot at anything that you have not positively identified.

Page generated in 0.02500 seconds with 8 queries