View Single Post
Old June 20, 2006, 01:45 PM   #7
shaggy

Granite countertops.

I would have liked a handguard on it also, and it does come with a set of CAR length handguards and delta ring for the standard 16" barrel (included), but with the extra 7.25" bbl, you're on your own. I may get an aluminum tube and have it cut down so I don't burn myself on the barrel. The grip should do fine for the short term, however, and even with both left and right belt boxes attached, it really isn't as clumsy and unweildy as I would have thought.

Overall, I'm impressed with the design and execution of the LM-7. The only gripes I have are the bolt body being mostly plastic...but I know thats a necessary part of the design. A metal bolt (even aluminum) would probably be too heavy for it to cycle reliably. The bolt is somewhat large for a .22 and I'm certain they had to find a way to cut down on the weight of the bolt.

The metal box that fits in the mag well has attachments points on both sides for the 200rd belt boxes. The left feeds the belted or linked ammo, the one on the right catches the spent links. The box itself catches the empty brass (which drops through the mag well) and has a hinge on the bottom plate so it can be emptied without removal from the firearm.

There is a quick change barrel mechanisim - push the silver button on the right side of the upper receiver and slide the barrel out.

Of course, you don't need to use either the belt boxes or the metal box in the mag well if you don't want to. Without the boxes, its a nice slim design, but I'm sure the boxes help keep the belts from getting tangled and causing feeding problems.

Here's a few more pics...

Page generated in 0.02698 seconds with 8 queries