View Single Post
Old August 19, 2011, 12:14 PM   #16
TenTrigger

Just got back from the range. Good news... I am definately improving. I was able to keep a 6" grouping at 10 yards where I was all over the place before. I still suck but am improving. Bad news... the Beretta combat sight installed on the 92FS is not good. I was having to aim low or keep the front dot almost out of sight at the bottom of the rear sight... not good.

I have come to the conclusion that the Beretta adjustable combat sight is no good for the FS92 as the front sight is too low and not replacable. The combat sight sits a full 1/8" higher (center of the white dots) than the factory installed two dot rear sight. Not being able to depress the combat sight any further negates the elevation adjustability of the sight. Windage is still adjustable but I usually set that and forget it.

The sight itself is really good quality and would work well on a 92A1 or other model with a replaceble front sight as long as the dovetail is the same size. I am going to put it up for sale (possibly on ebay) and go back to the factory sight. If anyone is interrested let me know, i'm thinking around $40. In hind sight (which is always 20 20) I was too hasty to replace the factory sight... live and learn.

This is the sight... http://www.midwestgunworks.com/mm5/m..._Code=A-3-0010

Thanks everyone for your input on this subject, definately helped a 9mil noob!

Page generated in 0.03595 seconds with 8 queries