View Single Post
Old December 2, 2010, 11:06 PM   #7
LSnSC

It sounds like you may be cross eye dominant. Put a little piece of tape on the right lens of your shooting glasses and see if the ghost image dissapears. If it does try shooting with it on the lens and see if it helps. My youngest is, and that little piece of tape took him from being an average shot to winning Top Gun on his sporting clays team.

Take your time finding an instructor. Just because he's qualified, doesnt mean he can teach. Make sure you personalities are compatible.

As for a new shooter shooting a pump, if Im instructing a new shooter Im handing them one shell at a time so I really dont care what they shoot as long as its functionally safe. I dont want to discourage them from the start by telling them their gun isnt adequate (unless its something ridiculous). They'll figure that out on their own.

The range is the place to become a good wing shot. You can learn good fundaments through the repetition on a skeet field. Theyre hard to learn on game because you dont get as much shooting and its hard to get feedback on why youre missing.

Page generated in 0.02541 seconds with 8 queries