View Single Post
Old February 27, 2013, 10:16 AM   #10
rodfac

Chesster....Good lookin' New Service, my friend...how's it shoot. Hard to find fault with those big Colts if you savor the history and feel of 'em, as I do. A Pachmeyer grip saver might help make a consistent grip easier...or it might not depending on your style and hand size. Too, Smiths seem to need the 'help' more than Colts...the S&W frame being a little higher with respect to the trigger position.

One of my earliest handgun memories was watching as a New York State Trooper showed his New Service .45 LC to my dad after he'd finished checking hunting licenses in our deer camp. I couldn't have been more than 6 or 7 as I recall...and was thrilled to see that huge gun....and the thick hulls that fed it, stuck in his Sam Brown slide on as they were. Had to be an intimidating sight for evil doers back in the day. All long gone now...alas.

My #1 son has a New Service in .455 Eley, as I recall; tough to load for due to the unusual case and odd shaped bullet...but we solved that with some creative bullet casting and he get's 2-3" gps at 25 yds from a rest now.

Here's one of mine...one of the several variations of Smith's much loved Hand-Ejector. This one sporting a grip adjuster by Pachmeyer...and in .32-20, too, a favorite of mine.

Best regards, and thanks for posting...I do love the gun pics of these old stalwarts of revolver fame! Rod

Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.

Page generated in 0.04581 seconds with 8 queries