View Single Post
Old January 20, 2006, 03:52 PM   #6
dodgestdshift

Waltherking:

A metal building can get awful hot in summer and awful cold in winter. You do not say where you live but you probably would not want to be in the shed for a while in either hot or cold weather. Powder will deteriorate in hot sheds, and probably primers also. I can imagine what would happen to lubricated bullets in a very hot shed in July, what a mess.

I don't know what you mean by the statement "Haz-mat". I keep powder and primers and all of my stuff in my house and have been over 30 years. Powder is not explosive, and will only burn. It is kept in flimsy containers for a reason, so if they are burning the pressure will blead off, and not go bang. Primers are explosive, but are kept in the container they were bought in. Kept in this way, a chain reaction shouldn't happen. If there is a fire, you won't have enough primers to have a serious explosion. If you smoke, while reloading or have faulty electrical wiring, you will burn just as hot with the small amounts of reloading stuff, as without it.

You are in much more danger from the truly explosive substance you keep in your garage, GASOLINE. Gas is very explosive, and you have it in a plastic container and your vehicle's gas tanks.

Store the stuff safely in your house, and enjoy the reloading hobby and more shooting.

Don N.

Page generated in 0.03163 seconds with 8 queries