View Single Post
Old December 24, 2009, 07:13 AM   #53
Glenn Dee

IMO... Safety, like everything else happens in degree's. And so it is with holsters too. Some holsters are more safe than others, some more secure than others, some better fitted than others. Ultimately the the level of safety more depends on the user,than the product. It seems that lately we as a society have been trying to idiot proof everything. I blame frivolous law suits for this trend.

But keeping on subject I've seen only one holster that I consider truely unsafe. Of course it's one of my favorites. It's a open carry uniform duty holster used by several police departments, and countless security companies in the 50's 60's, into the 70's. I'm sure some old timers remember them. As I said it's a open carry uniform duty holster for a revolver. It has an internal lock. A spring loaded metal lever pops behind the front of the trigger guard locking the gun in the holster. In order to draw, the user must put his trigger finger in the trigger guard, and put pressure on the latch ( and the trigger) to draw. Many a man has shot himself in the foot drawing his weapon.

If you want some hair raising dangerous, and unique carry methods... Talk to some undercover officers/agents.

Page generated in 0.02626 seconds with 8 queries