Thread: Lube
View Single Post
Old April 12, 2009, 11:05 AM   #5
CaptainCrossman

DOC- just use CRISCO straight up- no reason to use a toilet gasket donut, my Lord who the heck thought that up- toilet donut is a wax seal.

I've been using Crisco now for over 25 years to seal cylinders from chain fire. It goes down the bore and actually improves accuracy as the gun is fired. I was actually thinking of running it through the bore on a patch, just to prelube it and get better accuracy starting with the first shot.

again, no reason to use a toilet wax seal- mixing lube 50/50 like that, is like going to hell to light a cigarette. No gain, way too labor intensive, that sounds like something someone thought up as an improvement and got carried away using what was laying around the house at that time, and thought they re-invented the wheel. Crisco will stay where you put it- I used to load my 58 Rem and let it sit by my nightstand for home defense, and it would be there for months at a time and the Crisco never ran out. I have the same large can of Crisco that I've been using now, for over 25 years- that's how long it lasts. Buy the largest container, you're good for life.

Page generated in 0.03818 seconds with 8 queries