View Single Post
Old June 15, 2011, 11:46 PM   #39
paladin-34

My family has a safe word. It goes like this I say “Bismarck”, the response is “Doe”. Having said that how is it used.:

If I here an intruder, it could be one of the kids. Say they had a water leak and need the left handed monkey wrench. Dad has one, I have a key so I don’t need to wake him, I’ll just sneak in and grab it. Woke up by a sound, walk to the door, “Hello”. If no response, I would close the bedroom door turn the light on in the room and call the kids one at a time on the cell. and be loud about it. If the intruder is a kid they will come to the closed bedroom door. “Mom, dad is that you in there” or “what are you doing up”, I say “Bismarck”. They roll their eyes and say “Doe”. Unlock the door and laugh about what a alarmist dad is.

If nobody comes to the door by the time I finish with calling all the kids, the next call is 911. I’ll wait for the flashing lights at the curb and the voice at the door “this is officer xxxxxx”. “ your kids called and said we should say Doe before entering.”

Joe

Page generated in 0.02241 seconds with 8 queries