View Single Post
Old September 6, 2011, 01:27 PM   #12
ZVP

You could cut the nipples down and file the hammer face flat and square. That would quell your worries.
The inexpensive Cabelas/Piettia Remington reproduction is really a fine piece considering it's price! The gun is capable of shooting strictly cap and Ball loads forever and also has the capibility (and quality build) to handle regular cartrige loads via a Conversion Cylinder! What a bargan this is! Strong and cheap! Factor in very accurate and you have one good buy!
The Remington frame is a tall frame, much taller than even a Ruger Vaquero or any of the Colt Clones and defiantelly taller than any open-top. This is not a bad thing, it's just different. Some folks hate it some love it ME? I like the tall frame and also embrace the Colt design too. One places the bore low in the hand, one gives a superior sight picture.
The Remington frame strength is without question and in different barrel lengths, the revolver can preform different functions. The 8" BBL is fine for target shooting and optimal power and the current (and very popular!) 5 1/2' bbl has become afavorite for carry and quick draws! The 5 1/2" Sheriff's model is also very accurate plus it mates well to a conversion cylinder!
You'd be hard pressed to find a better deal than these "sale" Remingtons these days and if you don't have one ya better get one cause you are missing the boat!
My next BP aqusition should be the .36 caliber Remington Belt model because I want a .36 that can extract all the power you can get from this caliber. The big frame will contain any .36 load and it should be as accurate as it's big Brothers also!
tzo sum it up, a Black Powder revolver shooter needs both a Colt open-top and a Remington full frame to get the most out of BP shooting!
JMHO,
ZVP

Page generated in 0.02236 seconds with 8 queries