Thread: Mosin help
View Single Post
Old August 9, 2013, 10:00 AM   #1
wannabe-a-SEAL

Mosin help

Okay so I recently purchased a 1941 Ischeveck (matching numbers NOT force matched) M38. It is not in the m38 stock but rather the m44. Because of this and it not having any real collectability I am going to make it into my hunting gun. My question is this, do they make any good aftermarket stocks (like Boyd's) for the m38. I was really liking the Boyd's stocks but then I found out that they are for the m91/30. I am looking for wood stocks over the composite or synthetic because I like the character that wood gives to the gun. Please keep in mind that I am 15 and only make $150 every three to four months, so I cant really go for a real expensive stock.

As for the rest of the gun I was going to get a Rock Solid Industries scope mount and the Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40. I was planning on bedding the action and eventually getting a Timney trigger for it.

I am stuck between the bent bolts. I am stuck between "The Boltman" and one from Rocksolid.

I know that many people will say don't ruin an m38 (Well this one has no collectors value and it is my gun) and that it is not worth putting that much money into a $250 gun, but hey it is my gun and my adventure.

If you have stuck all the way through reading all of this THANK YOU, and any comments or thoughts are welcome.

Page generated in 0.03426 seconds with 8 queries