View Single Post
Old February 15, 2011, 05:51 PM   #44
ipscchef

Just my .02$- (.01$ after our Dear Leader gets his cut)

I am in the 340pd club, as I do not trust anything smaller, as in a .380. that is just my opinion and I am not bashing anyone who does. I am certain that there are many here who are more knowlegable than I who carry a .380 with confidence. I use a handload that gives me about 1150 fps. with a 125gr. JHP
and in all honesty, I will probably switch to something else at some point. I am not afraid of my hand hurting in a SD situation, it is just very hard to practice with the thing. I do practice with full power rounds, and given that I already have a good case of Arthritis in both hands, they do hurt for some time after even a short session with the 340.
I will probably try to get a Commander size 1911, that is easier on the hands during practice and load it with a 200gr. JHP going as fast as I can make it go reliably.
I think 16oz. is a pretty silly weight reqirement for a SD gun, even though I happen to have one, as it disqualifies the vast majority of SD guns.
JMHO and as always, YMMV
Willy

BTW, I am with Markj, there are no dark allies on my farm either, I will be shooting either a 1911, or a .45 Blackhawk when I am at home. And I do carry at home.

Last edited by ipscchef; February 15, 2011 at 05:59 PM.

Page generated in 0.02984 seconds with 8 queries