View Single Post
Old June 15, 2008, 05:20 PM   #6
johnwilliamson062

The first CCW class (NRA basic pistol) was also canceled. No one else showed up. I got there and they canceled b/c no shows. Lucky for me they were raising prices the following week and were kind enough to offer me the next class n extra hour from my home at the originally quoted price. They acted like this was really nice of them when I drove 3o minutes and woke up at 630 am on a Saturday to go to their class(I was a college student at the time and as a general rule only woke up at 630 to go fly fishing). I was ticked, needless to say I took the class from someone else and stopped shopping at Gander Mountain(host).
I would go to the range and mention the problem to a few of the guys who seem to be running things. See if any of them seem interested in helping you out. The range I shoot at I got a ton of help from the owner, even though his personality is a little rough. Most hunters/shooters will be willing to help you out as long as you listen to them and follow safety rules.
I just bought a marlin 891T. I am very happy with it. Only about 170 and fired cheapest federal very well. At $179 if I decide to upgrade to a cz452 or something in a few years I won't mind passing it off to someone just getting started.

Page generated in 0.04009 seconds with 8 queries