View Single Post
Old December 31, 2012, 04:05 PM   #275
FrankenMauser

Quote:
It must be a hell of a lot. I've bought ten tons and more at a time (which is FAR, FAR more than was used at OKC) and no Feds showed up. I was actually using it for fertilizer, in case inquiring minds want to know.
Shortly before the Sandy Hook incident, I was doing some research into OKC and the aftermath. Although there were supposed to be restriction put in place, to red flag suspicious purchases, and create a method for tracking purchases... it never really happened.

Only 2 states have any tracking methods currently in place, 'tracking' consists of just copying down the buyer's name/address/quantity/etc, and each county within those states is very spotty with compliance.

There were also supposed to be micro taggants mixed into ammonium nitrate, by the manufacturers, to allow tracing of any used in a bombing. To date, no manufacturer is including taggants in their fertilizer (or even their explosives, if they make both).

Honestly....
It's a lot like "gun control" laws. Lots of talk. A little 'action'. ...and then nothing gets enforced; due to lack of funding, lack of education, or the fact that it's a stupid, ineffective approach to the matter.

Page generated in 0.02428 seconds with 8 queries