View Single Post
Old June 29, 2012, 06:30 PM   #9
BarryLee

I am not really sure how to answer this poll. Currently I lock up all of my guns unless the gun is in my possession. I have teenage relatives that visit often along with an elderly parent that stays with me some. They are occasionally home alone and may have a friend over, so I feel it is best to secure everything.

However, I grew up in a home where the guns were in an unlocked cabinet. My Father was very open about showing and teaching us about the guns, but very strict about us touching them unless he was present. With one notable exception neither of us ever accessed his guns without permission. Because they were accessible my brother did use one to stop a home invasion when we were home alone.

I guess you just have to think/pray about it and make the decision that is right for your family.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman

Page generated in 0.02617 seconds with 8 queries