View Single Post
Old October 24, 2001, 01:01 PM   #18
Long Path

Here I present you my favorite dove recipe, of my own design:

First, fillet the breasts. Best use a sharp paring knife. Cut each side in half or thirds. Put in a bowl of water as you do this, rinsing occasionally. Often you will have some shot drop out during this step, which is part of the beauty of cutting up the filleted breasts.

Next, marinate the breasts. Cover them with soy, brown sugar, garlic (fresh is better than powder), and lots of ginger (again, fresh is better than powder). If you have sherry or rice wine, toss a bit of that in, too. Let sit for a couple of hours (minimum) in the 'fridge, covered.

Slice up a bunch of jalepenoes. I'm partial to fresh, but canned are fine, so long as you drain them well. Also dice up a couple of large hot yellow onions. Not 10-14 or Vidalias, just good ole hot onions.

Get a large skillet or wok ready by heating to a medium high temp with light layer of oil (I like peanut oil). Pull the breasts from the marinade (but save the marinade!), and fry them up. Don't go crazy here-- overcooking makes them tough, and there's no need for that. When they've been in for a couple of minutes, throw in your jalapenoes and onions. Then pour in your marinade, and reduce it. Thicken slightly with corn starch or flower, until the sauce is a slightly thick brown gravy.

Serve over fluffy basmati, jasmine, or similar long-grain white rice.

I've never found anyone who didn't like this dish.

Enjoy!

L.P.

Page generated in 0.03408 seconds with 8 queries