View Single Post
Old May 29, 2001, 04:05 PM   #1
Blue Duck357

A friend mentioned a IDPA match (or qualification, not sure) at his local range (about an hour from me) It sounded intersting, But I really don't know much about it. I found there website but was not sure about a couple of things.

I assume I can use my Glock 23 in Sidearmor holster (OWB), in thier "stock" category, but I was considering tritium night sites and a 3.5 pound disconnector from Glock, would either or both of these rule me out?

My second question is I know pretty situational, but I wonder what the general max range to these things are. If a lot of stages are at 50+ yards or head shots at 35 yards I frankly don't have much business even wasting these folks time by showing up with my present set up and skill level.

I work as a parole officer and we go through tactical courses a couple times a year and I do great, but freely admit this is against mostly "I shoot twice a year, when I have to" folks. I also have a 1991A1, but really carry the Glock more and would like to get better with it. Would this be good way to accomplish that? or would I just be kinda of getting in the way of the "real" competitors.

Thanks for any help, Blue Duck

Page generated in 0.03570 seconds with 8 queries