View Single Post
Old October 24, 2013, 08:13 PM   #23
btmj

I have learned to tolerate carrying a gun on my belt, but I don't like it. If I do it one day, I have to switch to something else the next. It is not just a matter of comfort, I have an annoying medical condition that requires me to wear my belt and trousers quite loose... If I load my pockets up with too many keys or too much change, my pants start to fall off my hips... so a 25 oz gun means I have to tighten up the belt more than I should... and the next day I pay for it with bloat, constipation, and in some cases a painful bout of indigestion.... sorry to get into the gory details, but some people just don't believe me when I say I have a hard time wearing a belt holster.

That said, I still carry IWB or OWB about half the time. Particularly if I am going to be mostly standing or walking, or if the carry time is short (two hour trip to the hardware store)... IWB is very convenient.

For the other times:

I have found the "Kangaroo carry" all cotton shoulder holster to be great in the summer. I wear it over a tank-top undershirt, then a T-shirt, polo shirt, or button-up shirt over the top. Even in hot weather this works, If you chose your tank-top undershirt correctly. Get a good athletic one.

The Galco Miami Classic was mentioned. I enthusiastically recommend this rig. A really big heavy gun can be carried with this rig, so if you carry something modest like a Glock 19 or a Ruger SRC, the gun disappears, and you barely notice it.

Page generated in 0.02971 seconds with 8 queries