View Single Post
Old August 15, 2010, 01:19 PM   #23
Magnum-PI

Every person has weak points on their body. If you smashed anyone's head with a crowbar then its going to be a similar injury. A 100 lb woman smashing a crowbar against a 250 lb professional football linebacker's head might kill the linebacker. There is no way to work out the bones on your head to make them stronger.

The minimum safe distance between you and a stranger is about 5 yards...preferably at least 10 and you do not turn away from them. If they decide to run at you, then it gives you at least a few seconds to get in a defensive position. The further away, the less risk they are to you. When I am traveling in a foreign country or in an urban area then I will switch sides of the street if I see a man or group of men walking towards me that I feel a little uncomfortable with. I will also increase my pace to a fast walk as I get past them.

Facing off with a stranger is a crap-shoot and best avoided. Its best to be a good witness in these circumstances letting the police do their job. I would not become involved unless the man was actually attacking a person or myself.

Page generated in 0.02960 seconds with 8 queries