View Single Post
Old February 11, 2009, 08:09 PM   #4
Sevens

If it's a conflict that seems to be getting amped up, I'm doing everything possible to use words and body language to diffuse the situation. Take the high road, apologize, etc etc, whatever it takes to try and slow things down and find a way out. If it gets out of hand where I'm forced to draw, I'm probably going to fire.

If it's a robbery or someone with a weapon and I have space, I could realistically see myself drawing to stop the event, and I would very much hope to do this without shots fired.

This is about a thousand miles from a cut & dried scenario, so it's just about impossible to accurately answer the original question. It really does depend on the situation.

But I will safely say that, yes, I am in the group of people that does believe that certain situations might call for presentation, low-ready or even sighting on target and yet still leave the option of not firing and not going through with shooting someone.

Around these forums, I've seen a lot of very strong, written in stone opinions where there is no such thing as a presentation without shots fired. I don't subscribe to that line of thinking.

Page generated in 0.03793 seconds with 8 queries