View Single Post
Old April 16, 2013, 01:14 PM   #11
Poindexter

I have a 6.5" Heritage RR in .22LR with the 22mag cylinder, cost me about $200, and worth it as a range toy.

I looked at Heritage RRs in .22 with the birdshead grip, going rate on gunbroker in the last month or so was $300. too steep for me, but I keep thinking about it.

I keep thinking about it because I have a Ruger Vaquero (3.75" birdshead) in .45Colt that set me back a whopping $617. I am learning to hip shoot, using the HRR in .22 and then going for carryover to the birdshead .45. Someday I might spend $300 on the HRR .22 birdhead, but not yet.

No way can I see paying $465 for the Heritage when the Ruger vaquero (with access to 20k psi Tier II loads) is only $152 more.

What about the Ubertis and Cimarrons? That 425-525 pricepoint is pretty competitive for SAA clones, at least on gunbroker. I know I saw one or the other (Uberti/ or Cimarron) @3.75" bbl, .45 Colt, birdhead grip, SAA clone in my LGS for $525 in the last couple months. Everytime I went to that store they let me hold that gun, but for the few sheckels more I got the Ruger and the LGS do the transfer on it.

Do read up on the bump some birdheads have at the top of the back strap. Something about the hammer spur and that web of skin between your thumb and trigger finger v- sharper felt recoil. I think some people can use either one...

Page generated in 0.02293 seconds with 8 queries