View Single Post
Old February 5, 2001, 09:27 PM   #5
Bud Helms

I live about 18 miles south of Macon. The local radio station that carries Rush and Boortz is out of Macon.

Macon's new mayor, C. Jack Ellis, aggreed up to support Andrew Cuomo's (former HUD Secretary) S&W agreement with the illegal contracting exercise of favoring S&W products over others in reward for their traitorous behavior. There, I've been wanting to trash him over that.

A couple of years back, the Macon Chief of Police retired or was fired (I don't remember). It was before the present Mayor was elected. The replacement was a retired FBI agent named Vasquez. Chief Vasquez got into hot water with the new mayor about six weeks ago and got fired. He was accused of trying to recruit the Mayor's driver to spy on the Mayor. He has subsequently taken a polygraph test and passed. He also got $60k or $80K (again, can't remember) separation pay. But the mayor is adamant and Vasquez is out.

No sooner than Vasquez was out of his office, the crime spree started. You know, wild dogs smell meat and come on the run. I couldn't list the incidents. Armed robberies mostly. Convenience stores, restaurants, gas stations ... The most famous so far was an incident at the Macon Rio Bravo. Just before closing three men and a woman came in and held the place up. But they didn't leave. They hung around way after closing, drinking and having a good time. 'Took three women customers in the back and raped them.

You see, Georgia is a shall issue state for CCW. One of the best states in which to carry. But, guess what? You can't carry in an establishment that serves alcoholic beverages for purposes of consumption on the premises. A restaurant that serves liquor ... I guess no one was carrying that night.

It is true that a Chief of Police of Macon, some years back, declared "open season" on robbers and burglars. The short crime wave stopped in its tracks. He is still castigated for it by some, praised by others.

Gang activity is on the rise. Teens assaulting other teens. Teens raping each other. Home invasions. Street robberies. Funny thing, car-jacking is still low. That's because a few years back, Georgia passed a statute that included one's automobile as an extension of the domicile. Car jacking's have just about disappeared in GA. As a matter of fact, you don't have to have a license to carry in your home or any of its "extensions" . Yo' ride!

As another matter of fact, 18 miles south of Macon, here in Warner Robins, we have no crime wave. Different counties too.

Page generated in 0.03922 seconds with 8 queries