View Single Post
Old October 1, 2000, 10:14 AM   #1
hksigwalther

Does anyone know the identification of the following handgun? :

A co-worker was looking to sell a few handguns, two semis and one revolver. One of the semis was a German made gun that I couldn't identify.

It is a .32ACP semi-auto about the size of a Baby Browning (i.e., two finger grip). It looks remotely like a PPK. The slide tapers towards the end more like a Makarov. Although I did not attempt to disassemble the gun, I would guess that the recoil spring is concentric with the barrel. When looking at the left side of the gun, there is a safety button in the upper right of the fram, just below the slide. Unlike most safeties, when depressed, the button releases the entire backstrap which springs out and serves as the actual grip safety. It is similar to the HK P7's frontstrap except it stays depressed when the backstrap is release, leaving the gun in the fire-ready mode. When the safety is engaged, I do not know if the internal striker is uncocked. (There are no protrusions from the rear of the slide to indicate cocked conditions.)

The overall fit and finish of the gun is very good. The only identifying marks noted were 'Deutsche Waffen' on the slide and 'DW' on the plastic grips. (Note : Not DWM.) I do not recall the S/N. Some pitting, I would guess 90%.

ID and value? Any information would be appreciated.

He also had a Colt 1903 .38ACP Pocket Hammer.

------------------
- Ron V.

Page generated in 0.03311 seconds with 8 queries