View Single Post
Old July 20, 2010, 10:30 AM   #32
ISC

I'm saying that openly citicizing another branch of government during a constitutionally madated public speech is a glaring sign of animosity.

If Roberts had called out the President using derisive language in one of his decisions I would acknowledge that he was displaying animosity toward the President.
I hate to play the "who started it" finger pointing game, but it seems pretty clear that it is not the Supreme Court that has been disrespectful of the other branches of government.

Carrying this a step further, the constitutional role of the Senate is to advise and consent. The senate has increasingly played the role of bullying and demanding that nominated justices have an activist ideology or at least be open to the concept of reinterpreting the costitution along ideolgical lines rather than the original intent of the writers of the constitution.

The big concern for me in this regard is that a revisionist minded president in concert with a revisionist minded congress might decided that the constitutional checks and balances don't apply to them or a specific ruling.

Page generated in 0.02226 seconds with 8 queries