View Single Post
Old July 11, 2013, 02:11 PM   #39
wayneinFL

Quote:
Well, Brian is showing some good sense. A different, strange car from time to time over a long period is most likely innocuous.

The same strange car multiple times, frequently over a short period is also innocuous. But there's a slim possibility it is not. So that's when you start making a record and perhaps report it to the police. Still the chances are that nothing will come of it.
That's pretty much my opinion of the situation.

There have been a couple of burglaries and maybe half a dozen thefts among my closest neighbors over the last 20 years or so I have lived in this neighborhood. I rarely report anything to the police, but I do write down a tag number from time to time. If I see a suspicious car prowling through the neighborhood, I'll ask where they're going. 9 times out of 10, it's someone looking for a house to buy or rent, or someone needing directions.

There was a renter a couple doors down, who I am concinced was selling drugs out of her house. They had a visitor once a week who always backed in, right up to the bumper of the renter's SUV, where it was impossible to see the tag. One night he showed up, and the people didn't have the SUV pulled up far enough and he was parked on the street. I walked over with a flashlight and wrote durn the tag. I could hear him yelling at the tenants about parking. I went back in the house. He never showed up again, and they went broke and moved out about a month later.

Page generated in 0.03255 seconds with 8 queries