View Single Post
Old February 9, 2009, 12:48 PM   #19
kraigwy

Its been my experience in 40 years of firearms instruction, to the military, police and civilians. I've learned that most, including military and LEOs cant hit poop with a full auto.

I have demostrations of this several times. Example: I had 4 guns in a SF unit, fire 20 shots each at a E sil. target at 100 yards full auto. I fired 20 rounds at my target, same range, in a 1 min time period. I averages more hits then the 4 other shooters.

Another exampe: I was running a sniper school when an army MG crew wanted to use part of my range to qualify the MG Team. After words I let them pick any two of my students and their two best MGers. We fired fom 400 to 1100 meters, again in one minute, my sniper students registered more hits then the MGers.

This is just two examples. Autos have their place, its called fire superioity, needed on the battle field, but not needed in your bedroom against a home invader, or in your car during a car jacking.

You're openning youself up to all kind of problems because you have to account for all those rounds flying all over the place.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.03486 seconds with 8 queries