View Single Post
Old September 14, 2009, 12:14 PM   #20
SeekHer

There is two different trains of thought going on here, one describing what is the law now and the other what has happened in the past...

When I was a kid bask in the 50s early 60s I had the unfortunate ability to attract rock salt from shotguns--got hit on seven separate occasions from five different people whose gardens/orchards we would raid, frequently...was I, other then my pride, seriously hurt, noBUT
1) I got no sympathy at home, more of "you dumb ass, bend over and I'll try to pick it out",
2) IF the cops visited they'd have said, "dumb ass, don't do it again" or words to that effect,
3) You had to go and apologize to the person who shot you for raiding there garden and
4) No one sued anyone (hardly ever)...

Had I been seriously hurt, hospitalized, that would have been another matter but since it never happened why speculate on it...

Now, I'm scared to even talk to people for I might say something "racist or non PC" and get sued for Human Rights Violations or some such bull[color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]e, afraid to slap a newspaper next to my puppy while training her for fear that the ASPCA or the dumb F*cks at PETA will turn around and have me arrested for animal abuse...

I'm sorry to say fellows, but your American society is ga-ga for law suits and stupid, nuisance (all encompassing) laws...I mean for a city to sue a gun manufacturer over their crime problem is just a little too far fetched but it happened...Robbers suing the home-owners for tripping over an ottoman in the dark and breaking an arm/leg and winning!

Here we still have the Gov. telling us how to live--better--but at least we don't have 1/1,000ths of the suits you do and those we have most carry a ceiling cap so no $10 million for a spilt cup of McDonald's coffee or for a $1,000 suit allegedly ruined by the dry cleaner...

When the human race dies out, it will be because it was brainwashed to be so totally, completely, utterly safe that it no longer dared to keep on living

Page generated in 0.03324 seconds with 8 queries