View Single Post
Old August 7, 2007, 01:07 PM   #10
davlandrum

Charles, thanks for putting a better link in, that was where I was trying to point to.

FF - I will try this link again - It looks like it doubled up the http when I pasted it - http://www.archeryweb.com/archery/paradox.htm

The deflection - arrow flex - is just what has to happen. To get stiff enough to have zero deflection you would have to shoot telephone poles, and even then, I don't think it would work. At release, the rear of the arrow starts moving before the front and the arrow bends as it gets the front moving. Proper spine means the arrow will recover from this at the proper point in space to allow you to shoot accurately. It is a repeatable, consistent thing.

I have never used wieght-per-inch. If your arrow is spined correctly, the wieght per inch takes care of itself.

I guess I meant the ST Axis. I would love to get a dozen of the full metal jackets, but can't justify that much cash just to play with something new and different.

Honestly, shooting a 45 lb recurve with fingers, you are not going to notice a heck of a lot of difference between any of them. If you were shooting a new compound over 320 FPS with a mechanical release, then you could worry about the difference between the super slims and regulars. All the modern arrows, aluminum or carbon, or even wood shafts from a good company are built within tolerances that accuracy is not a function of arrow, but of archer.

Pretty funny claim - hardest hitting. If it gives you 1 additional foot-per-second with the same arrow mass, I guess that would be true, but who cares. But if the extra speed comes at the cost of arrow mass, it would not hit as hard.

Sharp broadhead in the pump house is what does the job. You are not using foot-pounds of energy to kill, you are slicing vitals.

Best demonstration I ever saw was a coffee can full of sand. Shot with a rifle - big bang, knocked the can over, but no exit hole. Same size can shot with a broadhead - arrow went right through, leaving the can in place with sand running out.

Page generated in 0.02779 seconds with 8 queries