View Single Post
Old August 15, 2002, 07:15 AM   #2
Ron L

First off, are either of these guns youth models? The youth models normally have a stock that's 1"-1.5" shorter than the standard stock, thereby reducing the LOP by that much. Second, because of the nature of the pump handle having to start further forward from the receiver than the semi-auto stock, the starting LOP on a semi would be shorter anyway. Youth stocks are available through the factory or places like Cabelas or even your local gun shop or a gun show. I've heard that some synthetic stocks don't lend themselves to cutting them shorter.

I don't think it would be possible to shorten the barrel on a VR gun. Sure, you could probably cut it at some point, but it'll have to be done at a point taking the posts for the VR into consideration. It would probably be easier to buy the Defender barrel that Winchester offers in 20 that's already 18" long and has a fiber optic front bead. I only had 5 minutes to look, but the shortest barrel I could find readily available for the 1100 in 20 ga was 20" with the rifle sights, not a bad way to go for a HD gun. A ghost ring receiver sight with the front rifle sight would make a great sighting system. Otherwise, if you find a plain old barrel in some used bin, a gunsmith could cut it back and remount the front bead for around $50.

Detroit Area Chapter
Terre-Haute Torque & Recoil Society
"If it rolls, floats, or shoots, runs on gunpowder or gasoline, goes fast, shoots a big bullet, or makes lots of noise thus producing torque and recoil - it's cool."

Page generated in 0.02401 seconds with 8 queries