View Single Post
Old October 25, 2012, 06:54 PM   #1
Panfisher

I finally drank the Kool-Aid!

Walked out of the store today with a new black Remington R-15 .223 Rem 1/9 twist. I didn't pick it because it was the best, worst, cheapest or most expensive. However of all the AR's I have picked up, held, even shot this was the only one that seemed to "speak" to me. I have mounted the only scope I had available a cheap 3-9x Simmons on i with the only mounts I have that would put the scope hight enough to come up correctly and old set of see through weaver mounts. I'll look for a different scope and mounts, maybe a simple fixed 4x or a Tasco World Class 3-9 with mil dots. Will do a quick trigger job on it, not bad but definitely not what I am used to with bolt guns. Already making a list for christmas.

Where will this sickness stop after drinking the kool-aid? My wife absolutely loves the rifle, so maybe one for her! Oh no I'm contaminated for life aren't I, there is no cure. Thanks to all who answered some of my questions about AR's even those i didn't ask but learned by reading, you are a veritable fountain of information.

Page generated in 0.03054 seconds with 8 queries