View Single Post
Old November 15, 2011, 02:59 PM   #63
Bartholomew Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadio
I support the right to keep and bear arms. I do it myself. But - I assure you, no one really needs a firearm on your person loaded - one - in - the - chamber
ALL OF THE TIME
Well, I'm glad you at least support my right to make that decision for myself, rather than decide it for me. You just reserve the right to judge me if I don't make the same decision you would then?

And for what it is worth, I agree with you. I don't need a pistol with one in the chamber on my person ALL OF THE TIME. In fact, I don't even need it MOST OF THE TIME. The problem is, I don't actually know when the ONE TIME I NEED IT will be, so the only way to be sure of having it during the ONE TIME I NEED IT is to carry it ALL OF THE TIME.

Quote:
Yes, my statement has something to do with the subject here. A guy died in case you missed that.
And as I stated earlier, hundreds of thousands of people carry guns into grocery stores every day without killing themselves. Quite clearly, carrying a gun to the grocery store, or anywhere else, isn't the problem here. It does seem apparent that carrying a safe-action pistol with no safeties and a short, light trigger pull in your pocket with no holster may be an issue though...

And what is with the "A guy died in case you missed that" comment? What exactly did that add to the discussion? Do you actually believe that I missed that? And if you don't believe that I somehoew managed to miss that detail, then exactly what are you trying to imply?

Page generated in 0.02409 seconds with 8 queries