View Single Post
Old September 22, 2005, 11:38 AM   #1
FirearmFan

Came home to find shots fired and crime tape

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to get your opinions on this "little" problem and any advice you have to offer.

Came home from a nice dinner with the girlfriend to find my apartment complex manager outside with the police. Appearantly someone fired 10 rounds into the car of a rather shady neighbor of ours on the second level of our parking garage . No one was caught and no one saw anything. This happened at 10pm.

Now before you start thinking I live in the hood, I live in a gated, yep gated community , on the decent side of the tracks (Near the hood), with a bunch of other young professional types. Nurses, sales people, businessman,med students, some accountants, just regular folk. Recently some individuals that just spell trouble, moved in and I guess trouble followed them. I checked with the management office this morning, 12 hours later to find that the police told them nothing and that she has to call for the report. The police were there until 3:30 am looking over the crime scene with 2 two officers and a detective. Didn't see a crime scene unit pull up. Am I expecting too much? (If any law enforcement want to comment please let me know what to expect.)

I have a bunch of friends who live in this complex with me and we have decided to meet our girlfriends as their driving up and for the most part be REAL careful covering each others backs. In addition I am now carrying my full size USP .40 full time until I can buy a more compact gun.

Logic and law of the street says that if the person who had their car shot and is conducting illegal activities has to retaliate for the damage. Which then means someone else might come back and get even for what they do. I also think the original shooting was someone making a statement. How would any of you handle this and does anyone have any other suggestions. Any and all advice welcome.

Thanks for reading!

Page generated in 0.03563 seconds with 8 queries