View Single Post
Old March 30, 2014, 10:50 PM   #23
Machineguntony

Thanks for all the info, gents. It is a lot of info to process.

I am attempting to feed a Maremont M60. I spoke to Bob at Desert Ordnance, and he said they can upgrade it to an E6. The E6s have a short barrel, so there is also that variable.

The wait is actually about 11 months now, or about six months with efiling. The seller refused to efile, so I am looking at about 1 year, with the time to upgrade the gun. I am waiting on an MP5, M16A1, and an M16A2, and it's been about 10 months and Im still twiddling my thumbs.

Since the cost of shooting .308 is so high, I figured that I could save significant money by reloading the cheapest .308 possible. 1000 rounds per session isn't that much on a beltfed, and at 40c a round (which is my current projected lowest price possible with Hornady 110 grain), that's still a pretty expensive outting.

Since it's a belt fed machine gun, I'm not looking for MOA accuracy, but rather I am just seeking reliable cycling of the action.

Thanks for all the info, guys. This info is very helpful because there is very little written, even on the internet, about the M60. The most helpful M60 guide, which can be found on the machine gun price guide, details maintenance and care issues, but has no info on the ammo used. Everyone just says NATO spec 150 ball, tracer, etc, but there is zero info on reloading for any gas fed semi auto or full auto gun, much less info for an M60. Has anyone even tested what happens to the gas system if naked lead cast bullets are used? Does it get heavy lead depositing? What about the design of the bullet on cycling reliability? Almost zero info on the internet.

This whole thing is frustrating because I won't know the ultimate answer until about this time in 2015. Come 2015, I promise to write a report with pictures on the final result.

Page generated in 0.03483 seconds with 8 queries