View Single Post
Old June 24, 2007, 12:27 PM   #21
piercfh

It wasn't a miss, but I shot and never recovered the biggest whitetail I have ever seen while hunting. I missed school for two days to look for the buck, and was immediately sick after we didnt find him the first night.

This was about 5 years ago, and I was hunting on a wednesday when I was in high school. I had just bought a new bow, and I accidently mixed in some broadheads from my older set up. The bow was shooting a little high, and I didnt realize it. To set the scene 7 racked bucks all walked within range, and I almost drew several times. The last two deer that showed up were a typical 10pt and the huge non typical that I picked out. The 10pt may have scored better, but the non typical put his head down and the 10pt got out of his way.

When I shot the deer was at 15 yards and the arrow went into the no mans land area and stuck in about 4 inches. He ran off with the arrow standing straight up and bobbing through the woods. NEVER FOUND HIM!

Ever since this I take my equipment and practice much more seriously. I lost the buck of a lifetime because I didnt do my homework. The very next year I killed a wide six point from the same stand and he didnt even make it out 30 yards before falling dead. Ive tightened up since the miss a few years ago, and I am def. a better hunter.

Page generated in 0.02643 seconds with 8 queries