Thread: 357 Sig anyone?
View Single Post
Old October 27, 2012, 02:07 PM   #6
AK103K

I was a big fan of the round for a number of years, and had a half dozen or so guns in the caliber, all but one a SIG. It was issues with the oddball (a Glock 31), the increasing cost of ammo and components, as well as the realization that +P+ 9mm and basic 357SIG are pretty much the same thing, led me to move on and go back to 9mm. Its a good round, but for me, just not worth the extra money it now costs to feed them.

The issue with my 31 was, it was beating itself to death and showed no signs of slowing down. The underside of the slide was being heavily peened by the locking block. Interestingly enough, a couple of my 9mm's, that have more +P+ through them than the 31 had 357SIG through it, show no signs of the same battering. My one 17 has close to 45000 rounds of hot reloads and a number of thousands of Winchester 127 grain +P+ through it, and it just shows slight finish wear in the same spot the 31 was peening.

My SIG's showed no signs of the round beating them up, or any indication of excessive wear, or even anything beyond "normal" wear, and they had a lot more rounds through them than the Glock as well.

Page generated in 0.02258 seconds with 8 queries