View Single Post
Old September 22, 2013, 05:49 AM   #4
thedudeabides

There have been endless threads about this on various gun forums.

As a disclaimer I think Zombie themed anything is ugly and stupid as hell. I prefer to work on tactics than shooting stupid plastic clothing store mannequins that have been painted green and bleed pancake syrup.

With that said, Zombie stuff is like modifying a gun. If you read and believe Mas Ayoob, anything you do to modify a gun can be used against you if you're involved in a shooting. That applies to trigger jobs, night sights, tactical lights, oversized magazines, even ammo choice...

According to Mas it can be argued that you made the gun more "lethal." With that said, there's no evidence that this has EVER been successfully used against someone to determine whether a shooting was justified... I am somewhat disturbed that by watching the random TV coverage of Zimmerman I DO know that he had his gun loaded with target ammo... But then what if you compete in pistol matches, go to the range a lot, have attended various reactive handgun and rifle courses, reload your own ammo?

Zombie handguns are just extreme and scream gun modification to excess, that same gun modification very legitimate firearms instructors have warned us on the interwebs to avoid.

My two cents, my carry/HD guns are thoroughly vetted for reliability and bone stock. I don't agree with Mas, yet I'm still going along with his advice.

Page generated in 0.03919 seconds with 8 queries