View Single Post
Old August 22, 2013, 08:31 AM   #4
44 AMP
Staff

I don't know if it is still in force (because laws do sometimes change) but some years ago, a Federal law covering AP ammo said that you could have it, you could shoot it (hunting is different, and covered by state laws), but you could NOT give it away or sell it, except to a licensed dealer. If you did, it was a federal crime!

(not going to comment on the idiocy of the law...much..)

I haven't seen AP ammo for sale at the shows, for a long time. AP bullets (pulled from live ammo) are ok to sell, under that same law, as it only applied to loaded AP ammo.

If the Fed law is still valid, (and I don't know if there are any local laws in your state, sorry) you cannot legally sell, or give away AP ammo, except to an FFL dealer.

Now, enforcement of that particular law is problematic. You would have to catch someone in the act (or maybe in the advertising for sale of such ammo), and I think there is still some of under the counter sales of such. But technically, you can't do it, legally.

I could be wrong, and if so, will gladly admit my mistake. but I think its still the law, even if not well enforced.

Page generated in 0.03367 seconds with 8 queries