View Single Post
Old July 5, 2012, 05:53 PM   #115
willmc33

Thats strange because my 2 chosen loads for carry in .38 Special I have tested very extensively in both simulated media and live flesh finishing trapped feral hogs and both meet very close to the velocity manufacturer advertises with the penetration I expect so I would say those numbers meet the real world to a high level. Is a .44 Special better then .38 Special? That is purely subjective. I have owned both and I still have .38's. The .44 Special is not a popular round at all and was almost swept away from thought. I still meet people who havent even heard of a .44 Special. If it was the hammer of Thor some make it out to be it would be in alot more holsters. I like .44 Special but the .38 Special is a much better compromise cartridge. Some even felt the .44 Special needed more power hence the .44 Magnum. Like I say I like .44 Special and I wish that it had a wider fan base so more ammunition would be available, at a better cost, and available at more stores and gun shops. It just isnt.

Last edited by willmc33; July 5, 2012 at 06:10 PM.

Page generated in 0.02196 seconds with 8 queries