View Single Post
Old August 29, 2006, 09:20 AM   #21
Jack Malloy

Keep in mind a couple of things when you look at what the pros do.
First and foremost, most of these guys are wannabes, and they will figure out goofy ways of doing things so they can hopefully get something named after them...Unfortunately for them, Cooper and Weaver and the old timers were there first....

Sorry, I am not going to grip a gun in an improper way just so some doofus in race gear can get a technique named for himself, especially when my life may be on the line....

Secondly, exactly how many of these "pros" have survived a gunfight where the target shoots back? Given the size of the hissy fit one well known "pro" (who has been beaten in competition in the past by a shooting buddy of mine) had on television last summer, over a TRIVIAL MATTER in a match, I would hazard a guess that if the balloon went up for real, he would be too busy defecating in his shorts to be able to even return fire, due to his highly emotional state....
It all reminds me of guys in the gym years ago who used to bench press holding their thumbs under the bar instead of grasping them using their opposable thumbs.
"I saw Lifter X do it in Muscle and Fitness" one guy argued. "He's a pro."
Six weeks later Lifter X's fan dropped a 300 pound bar on his chest and damn near shattered his own sternum....
When he got better and could come back to the gym, he admitted that it never would have happened had he been using a correct grip with his opposable thumb curled around the bar the way nature intended...
If you live in a tree, have red fur and a blue @$$, by all means, ignore your opposable thumb and grip guns, bars or anything you want in a goofy way.
Meanwhile the Higher Hominids will continue to use proper form.

>>If you want to become a pro, look at what the pros do. All of the top shooters use this technique because it is the most effective.

<<<<:

Page generated in 0.03361 seconds with 8 queries