View Single Post
Old February 24, 2006, 01:55 PM   #10
shaggy

Chris, I don't think it was anything personal and I don't think anyone questioned your motives. There's a lot of questionable posts here that ask questions like 'how do I convert my AR" or "how can I make my AR full-auto", but unlike a lot of other posts, you've been around here a while and you even state you'd be seeking BATFE approval indicating you're interested in doing it legally. Its when a newbie with two posts asks that sort of question that the alarms really start going off. Even though we don't like the laws, the law is fairly clear and TFL's policy is clear too, so we try and abide by the laws and the rules of the house. It is largely for those questionable kind of posts that I wrote that summary at the link Johnny Guest provided; to help those that are truely interested in the NFA process and how to go about getting a full auto legally. Its still a work in progress and hasn't been posted as a sticky, but its designed to explain some basics to the NFA newbie and cut down on some of the more questionable posts. I'm sure it won't stop those who are looking for instructions on how to do an illegal conversion, but it should give a good background of the legal way to do it for those who are so inclined. I'm sure you're part of the latter group, so give it a read-over, see if it helps, and then if you still have questions we don't have to start from square one.

Page generated in 0.02276 seconds with 8 queries