View Single Post
Old June 13, 2011, 09:31 AM   #232
Sevens

Quote:
The fact that Hornady claims it's new Critical Defense line of ammo is guaranteed to expand, but does not offer it in 327 MAG is somewhat troubling.
I have not gotten to the bottom of the whole "exclusivity" thing. I've asked ATK if they own some kind of exclusive rights to the .327 Federal round or name and they haven't answered. I've asked Starline if they can or would build .327 Federal brass and they told me that the '08 Barackolypse still have them so far knee-deep in back orders that they have ZERO plans to even consider it due to the pure volume of other work they need to catch up on.

I pushed them again a full calendar year later and asked them if they are any closer to making .327 and Hunter Pilante told me "not any time soon" and when I asked if he was allowed to make it, he said that he wasn't aware of NOT being allowed to make it, but that they had no plans to make it.

Buffalo Bore has shown, on their website, plans to offer at least one or two .327 Federal Mag products. If they do, it'll be the first ammunition company outside of ATK to build and sell .327 Federal factory ammo.
Quote:
We plan to introduce Two or three 327 Federal and 2 or 3 32 H&R mag. Loads.
http://www.buffalobore.com/index.php...duct_list&c=58
This has been up there for a good long time and Buffalo Bore has recently marketed a "heavy" .32 H&R Mag load that sends a 100 grain bullet to 1,300 FPS, so is that a positive sign?

Page generated in 0.03119 seconds with 8 queries