Thread: Murder in SC
View Single Post
Old December 30, 2011, 01:55 PM   #20
kraigwy

Quote:
Answer: "You will not always, as you have your own life, and are responsible for it- I can't be everywhere, all the time."
Sounds good in theory, but it doesn't happen that way. Now with my granddaughter.

It happened to her. Wife and I were in Gillette, 80 miles away, Step daughter's boyfriend, was watching grandkids, gets drunk and suicidal. He loads the 4 kids into the truck and starts crashing into every thing in sight. GD gets her little brothers and sister out through the rear window of truck and flees with "sitter" who is staggering tries to catch them. GD takes her siblings to gas station and calls me. I'm heading for town but remember I'm 80 miles away. I tell her to call the police and in response I get is "no grandpa, please hurry".

What ended the situation was my wife grabbed the cell phone and tells GD "K****a, call the police, if you don't grandpa will end up in jail". That's the only way she could be convinced to call the police. All ended well, bad guy is still in jail.

Granted, its poor training on my part, she needs professional training, and now she is old enough, now comes the sales program to get Grandma, Step-Daughter and Granddaughter to agree to the ideal.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.02973 seconds with 8 queries