View Single Post
Old December 22, 2012, 10:03 PM   #8
Mrgunsngear

Quote:
I was under the assumption that milspec was like a grading system. When the military puts a weapon or its components under endurance or stress tests and it passes, it would be considered milspec.
Sure, that's why we're here--to help and share knowledge with the firearms community. And as you correctly assumed, you're a little off.

Quote:
Mil-spec simply means an item is produced according to the military specifications for that particular item. Specifications can be any number of things such as the material used, features it must posses, durability it must display, etc etc.
Correct.

The title of the thread is "Colt M4..." so I was listing some of the specs for the M4. They're different than the A2, M16A4, ect...

On the AR platform, the things that really matter in terms of "mil spec" are barrel material/construction/testing and BCG material/testing.

For bolt carrier groups, I literally just posted a video a couple minutes ago that should help clear some things up for you. I'll be doing a barrel video along the same lines here soon because these questions come up a lot with guys new to the AR platform.

How to select an AR-15 Bolt Carrier Group HD Video Link

Page generated in 0.03410 seconds with 8 queries