View Single Post
Old June 16, 2011, 10:26 AM   #21
Lee Lapin

I don't have any doubt that the 3" shell is more effective.

I do.

On paper, or just counting pellets, sure - it looks like a 3" maggie numb is 'better.' But as far as keeping those pellets where you want them to go is concerned, or managing faster follow-up shots, it might or might not work that way. It depends on how a given barrel patterns with a given buckshot load, and it isn't possible to say how a given shotgun and load will pattern - or whether or not it is actually "more effective" - until it's patterned at the ranges where it might be used. Buckshot pellets that miss their intended target are not only NOT "more effective," they are a positive liability - because each stray pellet has the potential to cause collateral damage. As Louis Awerbuck says - every pellet goes downrange with a lawyer in tow. And it depends on how well a shooter can manage a heavier recoiling load also.

That's 6 extra projectiles! Getting shot 6 times with a 33 caliber projectile is going to make a difference.

More stopped than stopped, or deader than dead? Too much is not enough? Concentrating on putting the payload where it needs to go is a better solution than worrying about launching a heavier, harder to control payload IMHO. Of course, my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it...

lpl

Attitude and skill will get you through times of no gear, better than gear will get you through times of no attitude and no skill.

Page generated in 0.03288 seconds with 8 queries