View Single Post
Old September 17, 2005, 02:44 PM   #1
Johnny O.

Looking for info on Webley & Scott Mark IV .38

I came across a Webley & Scott Mark IV .38 it’s nickel plated but chipping off on some of the edges. It has a black plastic grip with Webley at the top. I have done some looking on google and have found pis of similar pieces but not the same. This may get long but I will try to describe all the markings. On the left side in front of the cylinder it has .38 then a dot with 767 behind it. under that it has 3 ½ TONS under that there is a symbol like a circle with something in it (it may be a crown). Under that are the letters BNP this is also on the cylinder all the way around it 6 times. On top of the cylinder is MARK IV .38 . Looking down from the top it has WEBLEY & SCOTT and under that Made in England. On the left side under the cylinder it has a big letter “B” on top of what is probably the ser. No. 86770. On the bottom of the barrel close to the hinge where the pistol brakes down it is stamped with 770. It is double action and has a safety just above the grip. First time I have seen a safety on a revolver before. Sorry this is so long. Thanks for you patience.

Page generated in 0.02242 seconds with 8 queries