View Single Post
Old March 26, 2005, 10:27 AM   #28
snuffy

Think about it this way...because this is what you are doing:
[1] Remove the sizing die's decapping assembly.
[2] Re-adjust the die to size the case with the bullet in it.
[3] Play with crimping/taper crimping the bullet in place and very soon you will get what you want.

HUH? WHATS THAT YOU SAY?

2. If you attempt to put a case with a bullet in it, into a sizing die, it would result in a very loose fit for the bullet. The bullet would be swaged smaller, the brass would spring back, making the fit very loose. To say nothing of the ammount of pressure required to do that! It would result in pulling the rim off, or in other words a stuck case! Now you have a live round stuck in the die!

Weshoot2, okay I'll try that. But I will also keep track of measurements at the same time, so I can have something to relate to. Then I can modify my expander/flare die,(take some metal off to decrease degree of expansion), or get a bigger one. Since I'm loading mixed cases very fast for IPSC practice ammo, I'm not too concerned with target accuracy. I'm sure I'm getting a mix of bullet pulls, but for ranges that seldom go beyond 50 feet, it's acceptable.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02907 seconds with 8 queries