Thread: Buck knives
View Single Post
Old September 27, 2006, 08:13 PM   #1
silicon wolverine

Buck knives

OK this has been close to a year in the making so don tthink i had one bad expierience and flew off the handle. i got a buck knife for work purposes last year. http://www.buckknives.com/catalog/detail/220/239 Good knife it looked to me. said lifetime warranty on the box. Great i thought. I used it for FIVE SECONDS and it broke off about a 1/4 inch from the tip. Well i thought maybe i got a bad one. Took it back to the knife shop i bought it from. No problems the guy said and handed me another one. This one lasted a whole minute before breaking in the same way. I was cutting rubber glass mouldings at the salvage yard i worked at and my dollar store pocket knife had been doing the job before that. I just got sick of the smaller kife and got a bigger one. So i call up buck's customer service line. the man i talked to was nice but seemed to be very uninformed. told me to send in my knife and they would take a look at it. i got his name and ext. number for reference. Mailed it off and got a letter back FOUR MONTHS later saying i abused the knife and they would not warranty it. I called the same rep i had talked to before and asked to speak to his supervisor. He gave me the runaround on this request for a good 30 minutes. Finally he put me through to a higher up andi explained the situation to him. i said fine if you think i abused it, send it back and ill use it as is. Well sir we cant do that. Why not i ask. He gives some line about liability concerns and sending out a damaged product. I give up at that point and tell him id like to speak to his boss. Well sir you'd have to call corpaorate on that. OK. He gave me the number to call and said I'll send the info to them today and you can get with them tomorrow. I call after a day or two and the lady i talked to knew nothing. Send me to your boss i said. I get on the phone with some jerk who wont listen to what i had to say and the call ended with quit harrasing us or we'll file charges against you. Bang, dial tone. I Filed a complaint with their custoimer service rep and got a call on my machine today that my knife will not be returned and this matter is closed. Last buck knife i will EVER buy.

SW

Page generated in 0.03806 seconds with 8 queries