Thread: Someone Help Me
View Single Post
Old January 28, 2009, 12:51 PM   #21
NavyLT

Quote:
and lets say it were to be my money or i did reinberse her. what kind of legal issues am i looking at.
You are looking at your girlfriend going to Federal prison and you being prosecuted as an accessory to the crime. It is a violation of 18 USC 922(a)(6)

Quote:
(a) It shall be unlawful—
(6) for any person in connection with the acquisition or attempted acquisition of any firearm or ammunition from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, knowingly to make any false or fictitious oral or written statement or to furnish or exhibit any false, fictitious, or misrepresented identification, intended or likely to deceive such importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector with respect to any fact material to the lawfulness of the sale or other disposition of such firearm or ammunition under the provisions of this chapter;

I think most of us get the feeling here that your girlfriend is buying guns on your behalf from dealers. Your best bet would be to quit doing that and purchase your handguns in private sales from people other than your girlfriend who are residents of your state.

Page generated in 0.02608 seconds with 8 queries