View Single Post
Old April 13, 2006, 11:34 PM   #14
riverrat66

Quote:
One does NOT simply hold their weapon over the top of a barrier, point it in the general direction of the enemy, and send rounds at him hoping to convince him that he shouldn't shoot at you.
I agree but there was ALOT of that done in Vietnam and probably the only benefit of that was it made Lady Bird Johnson rich as she owned a munitions factory at the time.
Quote:
If you are simply impacting rounds around the general area where you think BG is hiding, what are you really accomplishing? Are you preventing him from peeking? Are you preventing him from shooting at you?
Well actually yes you are accomplishing both but I would have said where you know the enemy is shooting from because you are preventing him from "peeking" and shooting at you at least until you can move to another position.

You may not agree but there are times when "spray & pray" is appropriate, maybe not for a grunt but certainly for the door gunner of a Huey or the gunner on a river patrol boat and many other instances also.
But I don't profess to be an expert or student of infantry maneuvers but I know what we did 40 years ago and I'm alive today because of it.

Page generated in 0.02165 seconds with 8 queries