View Single Post
Old February 1, 2010, 02:10 PM   #41
L_Killkenny

This year was my worst year hunting in my life (Not to be a downer or anything ). Started off well enough with 11 coon on opening day (first weekend of Nov). That night I came down with a fever and was on my back until Dec. 1 when I was finally well enough to return to work. Missed all the good coon hunting by that point. Deer season started on Dec 5 but because I had missed so much work I was only able to hunt opening weekend and accomplished that coughin and hackin my way thru the timber. Saw deer but the wind and fate was not with me. The following tues we had the first of 5 major winter storms move thru causing me to miss work on weds, thurs, and fri because our road was impassable. Same thing at Christmas, week after new years, etc etc. Throw in a couple or 3 weeks of below zero weather.

We did try some more coon callin in January and managed a couple more, some late season doe hunting in which we didn't fire a shot (one weekend), one day of small game hunting and a few days of coyote/fox hunting and that rounds out my season.

Total for the Season reads like this:
2 fox, some coon, 1 rabbit, 2 squirrel

This is coming from a guy that ususally hunts 1-8 hours a day, 4-5 days a week in Nov (depending on work and weather), every weekend plus holidays, some evenings and a 5 day deer season in dec. and then weekends in Jan. My usual take in recent years = lots of rabbits, coon and squirrel, 5-10 fox and coyote, and 1-4 deer. On a bright note: I did call in a red last night to with-in 75 yards (final day of season) and put it down.

This year sucked donkey turds!

LK

Last edited by L_Killkenny; February 1, 2010 at 02:19 PM.

Page generated in 0.03166 seconds with 8 queries